During today’s Square Enix Presents E3 livestream, Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata was brought on stage to answer 16 questions about Square Enix’s highly anticipated RPG. These questions were directly asked by fans who used the hashtag #AskFFXV via social media.
Check out the questions and answers directly below:
- 1: Is there an option to turn off the HUD to create a more immersive experience?
Yes, there is. Tabata believes a ton of players will be taking lots of in-game shots.
- 2: Will there be a camera mode, theater mode or coliseum mode?
Yes, there will be a camera mode in the game, but no theater mode. However, Tabata mentioned there will be a mini-game in the coliseum of Altissia where monsters are fighting against monsters which players can bet on.
- 3: Will there be an option to adjust the camera distance?
There are no plans for such a feature at the moment, according to Tabata.
- 4: Will the game become too easy if you level up too much?
If you do level up enough, there will be situations where you can ‘one-hit’ enemies, but Tabata believes it isn’t a negative result for the game.
- 5: Will there be different control layouts and UI that players can choose from?
From what you’ve seen from the E3 2016 demo and before, the UI design will be renewed once more prior to the game’s release. The FFXV dev team are currently working on the functions and aesthetics of the U.I.
- 6: In the final scene in the E3 2016 trailer, when is that in the story of the game? It looks like they are wearing what the glaives are wearing in Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV…
Tabata wasn’t able to reveal much information about the story but what Noctis and crew were wearing in the final scene of the E3 2016 trailer is, indeed, from the Kingsglaive Final Fantasy XV movie.
- 7: Is Insomnia (Shinjuku) an explorable town in the game?
Insomnia is not explorable like how the city of Altissia is, according to Tabata. However, Insomnia will act as more of a wide battle area location for the player to venture in.
- 8: How many hours of gameplay will there be? Aside from the main story, are there a lot of side quests?
Players can complete the story in 40 to 50 hours. In terms of side quests and side content, it will take 100 hours or so for players to complete them. Ultimately, players will have up to 200 hours of content to enjoy in Final Fantasy XV.
- 9: Will we see a stable frame rate and anti-aliasing improvement in the final release? What kind of optimization is being carried out to maximize visual quality while preventing frame rate dips?
Tabata claims it’s difficult to talk in detail since the dev team are still in progress in optimizing the game for the final release. However, Tabata mentioned the current specs the E3 2016 demos are sitting is the stage the dev team are for optimizing Final Fantasy XV. For the demo on Xbox One, the resolution ranges between 800p to 900p but is mostly sitting on the latter with a constant 30 frames per second. As for the demo on the PlayStation 4, the resolution ranges between 900p and 1080p but mostly sitting on the latter with a constant 30 frames per second.
- 10: Will movement speed and duration increase as you level up in the game?
Normal movement will not consume stamina but running and dashing does. Players are able to influence Noctis’ stamina depending by what he eats at camp. Additionally, players will have the ability to disable and enable the stamina gauge in the final release.
- 11: Is the music piece ‘Somnus’ still in Final Fantasy XV?
Tabata reassures fans that ‘Somnus’ is still in the game and mentions that it will be used in a very interesting way.
- 12: How many Astrals (summons) are there in the game?
There isn’t that many Astrals to summon in the game but the FFXV dev team have made each Astral impactful in their own unique way.
- 13: Are there multiple approaches to summoning an Astral?
There are certain conditions to summon an Astral during battle sequences. For example, players won’t be able to summon Leviathan unless they are near a large source of water.
- 14: Will the Airstep Sword and Engine Sword make it in Final Fantasy XV?
Yes, it’s confirmed that both weapons will be in the game. In regards to the Engine Sword, Tabata said the weapon will have ‘special’ functions.
- 15: Are there any plans for DLC in Final Fantasy XV??
According to Tabata, the FFXV dev team has finalized DLC plans for the game. There will, indeed, be additional story content, costume content and other ‘surprises’.
- 16: Are you able to change party members’ behaviors during battle?
The party member behaviors are affected depending by the equipment and abilities players will have at the time during battle. Players will also have the ability to change party members’ abilities during battle sequences by hitting the L1/LB button.
Final Fantasy XV will hit store shelves worldwide on September 30, 2016 for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Stay tuned to Nova Crystallis for the latest.