Following the game’s showing on the company’s E3 2019 broadcast reveal, Square Enix has revealed the main voice cast for Final Fantasy VII Remake due out for PlayStation 4 on March 3, 2020.
Looking at the list below, it’s confirmed that neither of the original voiceovers from past titles related to Final Fantasy VII will be reprising their roles for the remake. Instead, Square Enix are opting for a whole new voice cast to handle the beloved characters.
Check it out:
- Cloud, voiced by Cody Christian (All American, Teen Wolf)
- Barret, voiced by John Eric Bentley (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Independence Day: Resurgence)
- Aerith, voiced by Briana White (Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Occupants)
- Tifa, voiced by Britt Baron (GLOW)
- Jessie, voiced by Erica Lindbeck (Spider-Man, Persona 5, ThunderCats Roar)
- Biggs, voiced by Gideon Emery (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Teen Wolf)
- Wedge, voiced by Matt Jones (Breaking Bad)
- Sephiroth, voiced by Tyler Hoechlin
UPDATE: Additionally, Final Fantasy VII Remake will feature English, Japanese, French and German voiceover options at release. Subtitles will also be available in English, French, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, German and Spanish.
In case you missed it, Square Enix recently gave us our first look at Tifa Lockhart via a new trailer as well as various special editions for Final Fantasy VII Remake. Check here for more.