Square Enix will be attending PAX East this year, which will be taking place at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center from February 27 to March 1. Alongside taking part in special events, attendees will be able to play the demo of Final Fantasy VII Remake and try out Final Fantasy XIV at booths #12011 and #15010.
Below is the full list of details and events that Square Enix will host at the event:
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (Booth #12011)
- Playable gameplay demo
- Signing session: Voice actors Britt Baron (Tifa), John Eric Bentley (Barret), Briana White (Aerith), Erica Lindbeck (Jessie) and Gideon Emery (Biggs) will be signing autographs on the following dates and times:
- Saturday, February 29: 11:00am to 12:00pm. Then again at 2:30pm to 4:00pm
- Sunday, March 1 at 11:00am to 12:00pm and at 3:00pm to 4:30pm (EST)
- A limited number of tickets for the signing session will be available at 10:30am (EST) each morning in the signing session area of Booth #12011
- Photo opportunity: Fans can have their photo taken with Cloud’s Hardy Daytona motorcycle.
- Giveaways: Double-sided posters featuring new artwork of the cast of Final Fantasy VII Remake (Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, Barret and Red XIII) will be available at the booth.
- Final Fantasy XIV (Booth #15010)
- Ruby Weapon Battle challenge: Take on the fearsome Ruby Weapon! Those who are victorious against the newly added 8-man trial will receive an “I beat Ruby Weapon” t-shirt.
- Photo opportunity: Attendees can have their photos taken in front of an expansive themed backdrop while posing with weapon props from Shadowbringers.
- Poster giveaway: Fans who visit the Final Fantasy XIV booth can receive a double-sided poster featuring artwork of the jobs from Final Fantasy XIV, drawn by Lead Character Concept Artist Yusuke Mogi, while supplies last.
- Postcard giveaway: Fans can receive a free postcard for the upcoming mobile game War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. The card features artwork of Y’shtola in her Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers attire. Additionally, attendees who have registered for the game can receive a double-sided art card, both will be available at the FFXIV booth while supplies last.
Additionally, due to the concern over the health and safety of the dev team and the fans, the “The Artwork of Final Fantasy XIV: A Look Behind the Screen” on-stage presentation has been canceled and instead replaced with a special livestream event that will be hosted from Japan on the official Final Fantasy XIV Twitch channel on February 29 at 8:00pm (EST). The stream will be in both English and Japanese, and will feature Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida and Lead Character Concept Artist Yusuke Mogi as they go behind-the-scenes into the artwork of Final Fantasy XIV.
- “A New Flavor of Sci-Fi: Creating the Universe of Outriders“ developer panel
- When: Saturday, February 29 from 12:30 to 1:30pm (EST) at the Albatross Theatre
- “Join Lead Writer Joshua Rubin and key members of the Outriders team as they discuss the process of creating a dark and brutal Sci-Fi universe from scratch. Featuring exclusive new content and information about Outriders, the highly anticipated upcoming RPG Shooter from Square Enix External Studios and People Can Fly.”
Attendees can also visit the Square Enix Booth #12011 to browse and purchase Square Enix merchandise such as Bring Arts, Play Arts Kai, plush toys and more. Some of the merchandise include:
- T-shirts featuring Final Fantasy XI: Mithkabob, Final Fantasy XIV: The Sundering Hydaelyn Kick, and Final Fantasy VII Remake: Cloud
- Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers character acrylic stands, which will be sold at the booth ahead of their official release on the Square Enix store.
- Final Fantasy Trading Card Game. Attendees can purchase cards and learn to play the game, earn promotional cards and receive tips on how best to utilize the newly Cloud VS Sephiroth 2-player deck.
Featured game lineup
- Final Fantasy VII: Remake
- Final Fantasy XIV Online