In a new behind-the-scenes video released by Square Enix, the team behind The Quiet Man sheds some more light on the upcoming cinematic action title by discussing the game’s development process and core concepts.
Titled “Who is The Quiet Man?”, this new clip provides a deeper look into the making of the game, revealing how The Quiet Man was initially conceptualized, the process of creating a “soundless” experience, the production of the full-motion scenes and more. You can check out the video below.
The developers and advisors who are featured in the clip include:
- Kensei Fujnaga, The Quiet Man Producer (Square Enix)
- Tatsuro Koike, Action Director (Yakuza series)
- Joe Kelly, Scenario Writer (Man of Action Entertainment – Ben 10, Mega Man: Fully Charged, Generator Rex, and the characters and team of Big Hero 6)
- Shaun Nivens, Lead Programmer (Human Head Studios)
- Ashley Welch, Art Director (Human Head Studios)
- Shu Hamada, Live Action Director (Omnibus Japan)
- Randy Redetzke, Lead Environment Artist (Human Head Studios)
- Karen Ruiz, Senior Artist (Human Head Studios)
- Chris Miscik, Senior Artist (Human Head Studios)
- Nick Taylor, Animation Director (Human Head Studios)
- Kenichi Mikoshiba, Sound Director (Square Enix)
- Danny Gong, Sign Language Consultant
Additionally, renowned writer, producer and performer Imogen Heap briefly discusses her work on the title and what inspired her to create ‘The Quiet’, an all new original song for the game. You can check out her full interview here.
A free patch will be available one week after release, titled The Quiet Man – Answered-, which will offer the chance for players to go through the game a second time with sound and voices.
The Quiet Man is scheduled for digital release on November 1st, 2018 for PlayStation 4 and Steam. For more information on The Quiet Man, check out our previous article.