Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent will launch on iOS and Android devices in 2022, Square Enix announced today. This mobile RPG experience has opened its doors for a closed beta test for the Android version of the game to be held from March 22 at 5PM PDT through April 4 at 11:59PM PDT.
The game features a new story in the world of Orsterra, taking place a few years prior to the events of Octopath Traveler. The full list of features runs down as follows:
- HD-2D: Evolved Pixel Art – The game’s classic 2D pixel art is enhanced with 3D-CG effects, bringing the world of Orsterra to life.
- Strategic and Exhilarating Combat – Dive into an evolved command-style battle system, which utilizes up to eight party members and swipe controls that allow for fast paced command selection.
- A Massive Character Roster – Choose from over 64 characters at launch to create an endless combination of teams. Customize team builds for each fight to reign victorious on the battlefield.
- Unique Interaction Paths – Unlock endless possibilities for character interactions, including the ability to “Inquire” for information, “Entreat” for items, or “Hire” characters as a party
- An Epic Game Soundtrack – Yasunori Nishiki, the composer behind the original Octopath Traveler soundtrack, is back for this latest installment with new compositions.
More information can be found on the official Google Play page along with the option to pre-register for early access.