Square Enix and the folks at Team Ninja have issued a new update for Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin that brings the game into version 1.04. Big changes to performance, functionality and adjustments have all been introduced in this patch, allowing for a better quality of life experience.
On the performance side of things, anti-aliasing algorithms have been adjusted to mitigate jaggies across all platforms save for Xbox One. There’s added functionality including the side mission “Battle Simulator” added to the “???” location south of Cornelia.
Other adjustments include:
• A feature to adjust the display of ally effects has been added to System Settings. This setting can be used to hide certain visual effects of allies.
• A “Confirm Equipment Optimization” category has been added to System Settings. This setting can be used to enable a confirmation screen before implementing the set determined by Optimize Equipment.
• An “Ally Battle Sets Only” category has been added to Optimize Equipment in System Settings.
Further adjustments have been made to the following:
• The amount of anima crystals that can be acquired in CHAOS difficulty missions has been adjusted.
• The inventory limit for crafting materials, anima shards, and anima crystals has been revised to 9,999.
• Follow-up attacks after using soul shield are now directed at the lock-on target.
• Models for hair and fur associated with important characters have been revised to improve performance.
• Cubes have been added to the following side missions:
• Ebon Memories: The Tragic Cynic
• Ebon Memories: The Truthseeker
• Ebon Memories: The Yearner
• Ebon Memories: The Power-Hungry
• Ebon Memories: The Guided
Visibility has also been improved within the “???” field location north of the Chaos Shrine. When entering a room during multiplayer and the mission could not be joined due to reasons such as the host being engaged in a boss battle, the mission can now be joined automatically after finishing preparations.
Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin is now available across multiple platforms. For more on the game, including our full review, head here.