Final Fantasy XIV‘s patch 6.38 is live today following a 24-hour maintenance session in which notable upgrades to the North American data center have been implemented.
Notably, the following adjustments have been made to the Pandaemonium Abyssos raid lockouts, which typically ease over time to allow players to collect more materials to upgrade their gear. Specifically:
- There is no more weekly restriction on receiving Unsung Blades of Abyssos from Abyssos: The Eighth Circle, meaning you can challenge this duty ad infinitum to trade in for item level 620 weapons.
- Tokens obtained from the Myths of the Realm raids Aglaia and Euphrosyne can now be exchanged for Moonshine Brine, which is used to upgrade weapons purchased with Allagan tomestones of causality. Speak to Nesvaaz in Radz-at-Han, found at X:10.6, Y:10.0, and after the materials are exchanged, speak to Khaldeen in Radz-at-Han, found at X:10.9, Y:10.4 to exchange for an augmented weapon.
- You may now queue for any Savage difficulty duty in the Abyssos tier, without having to complete any previous duty first. Additionally, the weekly entrance restriction has been removed.
- In the Savage difficulty version of Abyssos duties, two treasure coffers will now always appear, and the restrictions for obtaining tokens from coffers have been removed.
Several adjustments have been made to PvP actions for various jobs and Crystalline Conflict rules. First and foremost, the time in which the tactical crystal is unbound has been reduced to 20 seconds, down from 30 seconds, and in doing so certain music tracks have been adjusted with the exception of Festival of the Hunt (Endwalker). Additionally, in the Clockwork Castletown, the probability of triggering a pneumatic parade has been adjusted so that a second parade during a match is more likely.
Patch 6.38 will also mark the beginning of Season Six, in which players can vie to ascend ranked mode for special rewards. Note that the current Series will end with Patch 6.4, which is scheduled for late May. Progress towards obtaining rewards in the current Series will reset at that time.
- Paladin‘s Phalanx action will reduce damage by 33%, down from 50%.
- Warrior‘s Blota action will have its Heavy effect duration reduced to 3 seconds, down from 5 seconds.
- Monk‘s Phantom Rush action will have its potency increased to 12,000, up from 10,000.
- Dragoon‘s Sky Shatter action has had multiple changes, including:
- A potency reduction to 18,000, down from 20,000.
- A potency increase for targets within 5 yalms, to 32,000, up from 30,000.
- The barrier’s strength has been changed from absorbing damage totaling 25% of maximum HP to absorbing damage equivalent to a heal of 24,000 potency.
- Ninja‘s Fuma Shuriken, Hyosho Ranryu, and Goka Mekkyaku actions have had their range reduced to 20 yalms, down from 25 yalms.
- Reaper‘s Plentiful Harvest action has had its potency increase to 10,000, up from 8,000.
- Dancer‘s Curing Waltz action has had its healing potency increase to 10,000, up from 8,000.
- Black Mage‘s Burst action has had its barrier strength increase to 16,000, up from 12,000.
- Red Mage‘s Magick Barrier and Frazzle actions has had their effect durations increased to 10 seconds, up from 8. Southern Cross has had its healing potency and damage potency increased to 8,000, up from 6,000. In White Shift, cure potency has been reduced to 50%, down from 100%.
- Scholar‘s Adloquium action has had its cure potency reduced to 3,000, down from 4,000 and its barrier strength increased to 6,000, up from 4,000.
- Astrologian‘s Fall Malefic action has its recast time adjusted to 10 seconds, up from 7.5 seconds when the additional effect “reduces the recast time of Double Cast” is active.
In recent news, the Hatching-tide seasonal event is set to conclude on April 10th, from which you can obtain limited-time rewards like a tonberry costume and a ‘frighten’ emote. We also got our first look at patch 6.4 ‘The Dark Throne’ which is set to release in late May with the continuation of the main scenario quest and the final chapter of the Pandæmonium raid series – amongst other content.