Square Enix has quietly dropped the mobile version of Chrono Trigger on PC via Steam today for $14.99, bringing with it a number of additions. Not only does this release of the classic JRPG include the bonuses originally added to the DS release of the title, but seems to come with its own additional enhancements as well. These include an autosave feature, mouse and keyboard support, and an updated soundtrack.
Square Enix also announced that the mobile versions of the game will also receive the visual update alongside this surprise PC release, as well as AppleTV support and cloud save functionality. People who purchase Chrono Trigger before April 2 will receive a small set of digital bonuses, such as a couple soundtrack samplers and wallpapers.
Here’s a rundown on the port’s full features:
- Two Extra Dungeons – Includes the mysterious ‘Dimensional Vortex’ dungeon and the forgotten ‘Lost Sanctum’ dungeon that first appeared in the DS and mobile releases
- Updated Graphics and Sound – While keeping the atmosphere of the original, featuring enhanced visuals designed for modern PCs and remastered soundtrack under the supervision of original composer Yasunori Mitsuda
- Updated Controls – Optimised PC experience that supports both controller and mouse/keyboard configuration
- New Autosave Feature – Automatically saves while still featuring the original title’s Save Point function
- CHRONO TRIGGER Limited Edition – Those that purchase the STEAM version until 2ndApril 2018 will receive the following digital bonuses for free:
An enchanting and specially edited digital song file containing a medley of five songs: ‘Far Off Promise’, ‘Wind Scene’, ‘Battle with Magus’, ‘Corridors of Time’, and ‘Chrono Trigger’
Composer Yasunori Mitsuda’s digital liner notes
A collection of six stunning PC wallpapers in varying sizes
Watch the launch trailer here.
Syndicated and edited from our sister site, RPG Site.