Announced on official social media accounts for Kingdom Hearts (Facebook, Twitter), Square Enix has revealed a schedule of free patch updates coming to Kingdom Hearts III upon the game’s release. A couple of these patches will include both the epilogue and secret ending for the game, which have been withheld in response to the December retail leak.
Below is the full schedule:
- Tuesday, January 29
- Update 1.01 (several data fixes)
- Memory Archive (videos)
- The Memory Archive option will be added to the game’s title menu and can be viewed at any time.
- Wednesday, January 30
- Epilogue (video)
- Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending to view this video.
- Thursday, January 31
- Secret (video)
- Players will need to have completed Kingdom Hearts III and seen the ending, as well as fulfilled certain criteria during play to view this video.
- The criteria vary depending on the difficulty level selected.
- The Memory Archive is a digest of the Kingdom Hearts story in the series up to this point.
- The epilogue and secret movie are video content that will enhance player’s enjoyment of the world of Kingdom Hearts.
- These pieces of downloadable content are additional elements for Kingdom Hearts III.
- The main game allows players to proceed to and view the ending without the need for an internet connection.
- An internet connection is required to download patches to update the game.
Kingdom Hearts III is scheduled to release in Japan on January 25, 2019 and in North America and Europe on January 29, 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.