Square Enix will be in attendance at PAX West 2018, which is being held at the Washington State Convention Center from August 31st to September 3rd. At booth #2141, attendees will be able to play demos of upcoming games, take part in giveaways and more.
The demos that will be available for fans to play will be Kingdom Hearts III, Life is Strange 2, Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and The Quiet Man. Advance Tickets to play the Kingdom Hearts III demo will be available at the booth at 10:00am Pacific each day.
Square Enix will also be hosting a bundle of developer panels and events, giving fans an in-depth look at the latest updates and developments to upcoming titles. Here is the list of scheduled events:
- Expanding the Life is Strange Universe
- When: Friday August 31st, 12:00pm, at the Wyvern Theater.
- “Join writer Christian Divine and key figures from the Life is Strange 2 development team as they take you behind the scenes of their most ambitious game in the series to date. Discover how they apply the core concepts of the Life is Strange franchise to bring the relatable characters and realistic environments in the Life is Strange Universe to life. Learn how they tackle the challenges of telling a branching story of education and brotherhood within an evolving episodic narrative adventure.”
- Life is Strange 2 fan meet up party with What’s Good Games
- When: Friday, August 31st from 6:00 – 9:00pm at Unicorn 1118 E. Pike Street
- “Relax at PAX with the team from What’s Good Games and developers from DONTNOD Entertainment to celebrate the upcoming launch of the first episode of Life is Strange 2. Share your favorite moments from the series, enjoy refreshments and a chance to win games, Square Enix prizes and custom What’s Good Games items. For additional information, visit the official Facebook page for What’s Good Games.”
- Just Cause 4 Showcase
- When: Saturday, September 1, 11:30am, Hydra Theater
- “Join key members of the Just Cause 4 development team – Avalanche Studios – as they talk exclusively about the next game in the hugely popular, multi-million selling Just Cause series. Set in the fictional South American world of Solis, Just Cause 4 takes the incredible destruction and unique physics the series is known for to a whole new level with the introduction of fully simulated tornadoes and other Extreme Weather events. Rico Rodriguez returns in Just Cause 4 with his trademark parachute, wingsuit and, of course his grappling hook, now enhanced with new functionality and fully customisable, making it the most powerful and creative tool the player has ever had.”
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider – Uncovering the Hidden City of Paititi
- When: Saturday, September 1, 4;30 PM, Wyvern Theater
- “Shadow of the Tomb Raider is filled with many surprises and secrets. Perhaps the biggest discovery Lara Croft will make is the hidden city of Paititi, a civilization untouched by modern culture and the largest hub ever created in a Tomb Raider game. Moderated by Andrea Rene, join the team behind Lara Croft’s defining moment as she becomes the Tomb Raider. The panel will feature Dan Chayer-Bisson (Game Director), Mario Chabtini (Senior Producer), and Rich Briggs (Senior Brand Director).”
Also in attendance is Yuji Horii, the creator behind the beloved Dragon Quest series. He will be participating in photo sessions at the Square Enix booth on Saturday, September 1st, at the following times:
- Session #1: 10:30am to 11:30am.
- Session #2: 2:30pm to 3:30pm.
- Session #3: 4:30pm to 5:30pm.
There will be a limited amount of tickets distributed at the Dragon Quest area of the booth starting at 10:00am the day before and the day of the photo sessions. Attendees who receive a ticket will have the chance to meet Yuji Horii and receive one photograph together.
Other activities at the Square Enix booth include:
- The chance to win a Shadow of the Tomb Raider inspired custom Xbox One X console by participating in an Instagram Relic Hunt.
- The chance to win early copies of Dragon Quest XI for PlayStation 4 by participating in a photo contest on site.
- Checking out the talented Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition modding community live on the show floor.
- A photobooth opportunity featuring backgrounds from Kingdom Hearts III, Dissidia final Fantasy Opera Omnia and Star Ocean: Anamnesis.
- The Kingdom Hearts III Toy Story Keyblade and Shooting Star Keyblade will be on display for viewing.
Daily giveaways at the booth, while supplies last, include:
- Just Cause 4 merchandise
- Dragon Quest XI t-shirts and double-sided posters
- Kingdom Hearts III phone holders, each day at 11:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Mobius Final Fantasy hand fans
- Final Fantasy Brave Exvius bags
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia and Star Ocean: Anamnesis buttons featuring the characters of the game
- The Quiet Man posters
Fans can also compete in the Final Fantasy Trading Card Game Crystal Cup tournament, held at the Westin Seattle Hotel’s Pine Ballroom on September 1st and 2nd. Players who pre-register for the tournament will compete for a seat at this year’s FFTCG North American Championship. New players are of course invited to visit the Square Enix booth for lessons and experienced players can participate in Gunslinger Challenges to earn Premium Foil FFTCG Cards.
Chocobo’s Crystal Hunt Card Game demo and tournaments will also be available at the booth’s merchandise section. You can find more information on the official website.