In the 70th ‘Letter from the Producer Live’ broadcast, Final Fantasy XIV director and producer Naoki Yoshida and global community producer Toshio Murouchi took us through the second of a two-part preview of Patch 6.1 “Newfound Adventure” which will release on April 12th, 2022.
Below we’ve included a summary of the major information:
Trailer: Newfound Adventure
First, a brief summary of what to expect in the 6.1 series of patches:
- New Main Scenario Quests will be added that continue from the conclusion of the Endwalker expansion.
- New Sidequests – Tataru’s Grand Endeavor (Patch 6.1x) will feature Tataru’s quest to gather the people that helped the Warrior of Light on their adventure. Yoshida advises if you haven’t done the alliance raids or normal raids in the past expansion, you might want to complete them before you undergo this quest line.
- New Tribe Quests – The Arkasodara (Patch 6.15) will take place in Thavnair and will feature dailies for battle classes and jobs.
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (Patch 6.15) will feature the Inspector Extraordinaire and his misadventures in the First. He took a break for one expansion, but will return for the Endwalker patch series.
- Omega: Beyond the Rift (Patch 6.1x) will be a follow up quest to the conclusion of the Stormblood expansion normal raid series.
- Improvements to A Realm Reborn Main Scenario Quests (Patch 2.0 Only) will come in the form of visual and gameplay updates to certain dungeons, such as the removal of a floor trap that slows you down in The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak.
- Duty Support System is an expansion of the former Trust system that will be retrofitted on A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, and Stormblood duties. In the first of many updates, dungeons and trials in the 2.0 main scenario will allow you to take NPCs from the Adventurer’s Guild and Grand Companies of Eorzea.
- New Dungeon will be kept a secret for now, as it involves a main scenario spoiler.
- New Trial – The Minstrel’s Ballad: E••••••••’s Aria is an Extreme-level difficulty trial that will be added.
- New Unreal Trial – Ultima’s Bane will see the return of the Ultima Weapon as a limited-time trial upscaled for current job progression.
- New Alliance Raid – Myths of the Realm, Part 1: Aglaia is the new 24-player raid, which will delve into the Twelve, Eorzea’s pantheon of gods.
- New Ultimate Duty – Dragonsong’s Reprise (Patch 6.11) is the highest difficulty of combat challenges you can undertake in Final Fantasy XIV and will feature Heavensward expansion bosses.
- New PvP Content – Crystalline Conflict is a new PvP mode where two 5-player teams take part in quick matches where they must battle to move a crystal into their enemies’ base to claim victory. Rewards for PvP have been entirely reworked the Garo collaboration is returning.
- New Custom Deliveries – Ameliance (Patch 6.15) is the latest Custom Deliveries client.
- New Residential District – Empyreum will feature a lottery system for obtaining lots. The live letter was a recap of the information found here.
- Adventurer Plates (beta version) is a new system where players can customize a window with a portrait and profile information as they choose.
- The Unending Codex is a glossary of lore that can be accessed in game.
- Data Center Travel (Patch 6.18) will allow you to travel to other logical data centers in your region. The live letter was a recap of information found here.
- Additional New Game+ Chapters including the Endwalker main scenario.
- Dreamfitting (Online Store Try-on Feature) can be accessed from your inn bed.
- New Mounts, Minions, and Emotes
- New Hrothgar hairstyles will be added.
- More glamour plates and locations where they can be used.
- New idle animations for parasols.
- Check mark displayed on items used to obtain minions, mounts, etc. already aquired.
- Improved market search for items used to obtain minions, mounts, etc.
Note that the following is not a full list of adjustments planned for these or other jobs in the game.
- Potency of multiple actions, include Heat Blast, Wildfire, and Drill, have been increased.
- To resolve issues with widely fluctuating DPS from critical hits, the actions Midare Setsugekka, Kaeshi: Setsugekka, Ogi Namikiri and Kaeshi: Namikiri will now be guaranteed critical hits.
- To reduce action bloat, Hissatsu: Kaiten has been removed.
*In accordance with this change, action potencies have been adjusted.
- To improve synergy with other jobs, Mug (120s recast) will now apply a debuff to enemies increasing damage they take from party members.
- Trick Attack has been changed to now only increase personal damage dealt to target.
*In accordance with this change, action potencies have been adjusted.
- Dark Knight
- To improve survivability when using Living Dead, the effect of Walking Dead will now restore HP by a significant amount upon successfully landing attacks.
- Shortened the animation lock for Jump actions.
- Searing Light will now be cast directly from the summoner instead of Carbuncle.
- White Mage
- The effect radius of Cure III and Asylum has been extended to 10 yalms.
- Liturgy of the Bell can now be ended at will to restore an amount of HP dependent on the number of stacks remaining.
- The effect radius of Sacred Soil has been extended to 10 yalms.
- The effect duration of Expedience, granted by the action Expedient, has been reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds.
Myths of the Realm: Aglaia
The first duty in the new alliance raid series Myths of the Realm was shown. Aglaia will be the first area we go to, and the theme will revolve around Eorzea’s pantheon of gods: The Twelve. Yoshida shares a small bit of what the area looks like, as well as the gear you can expect to obtain from it.
Arkasodara Tribe Quests
To be added in Patch 6.15, these daily quests can be used to level battle classes and jobs. A new area in Thavnair will be dedicated for this purpose, and you’ll be able to obtain a hippo cart as a mount.
New Mounts • Minions • Fashion Accessories • Housing Items • Glamour
Several new minions and mounts were shown off, as well as an adjusted pose while carrying a parasol fashion accessory. Glasses will be added so that you can use them with headgear without having to choose one or the other. New housing items were also shown off.
This feature will allow you to try on items that can be purchased with real money on the Online Store. Note that you won’t be able to directly purchase them in the game.
The Minstrel’s Ballad: E•••••••••’s Aria
The latest Extreme trial will be a version of the final trial from the 6.0 main scenario. Be wary of spoilers in the video below:
Customizable “Adventurer Plates” will be added in a beta version. You’ll have a profile and portrait section that can be modified. You can display the time you normally play, favorite jobs, titles, playstyle and more. Your grand company rank, free company name, and search comment will automatically be reflected here. The portrait can be customized by selecting a pose, expression, lightning, camera, background, frame, accent, and more. Multiple variations can be saved. The plates can be customized where you can modify the selection base plates, plate frames, top and bottom borders and more. There are also permission settings for the adventurer plates, where you can designate to hide them from the public or show them to your friends list.
PvP • Crystalline Conflict
Crystalline Conflict is a small scale PvP mode. PvP actions have been revamped and Limit Break actions for each job. There’s also a new rewards system. The Feast will end with the release of Patch 6.1. Since there are significant reworks to PvP actions, Rival Wings will be put on hiatus as they work on rebalancing it around those changes.
Crystalline Conflict is a 5v5 team competition where each team formed of 5 different jobs with no role restrictions. Casual, Ranked, and Custom matches are available. Ranked matching will group players of similar skill. Two teams with bases will fight for possession of a crystal. The team with the most players in the vicinity of the crystal will gain control and begin to move it towards the enemy base. If you push it into your enemy base, your teams win. At the start of the match, your Adventurer Plate portraits will show up.
The match music is an arrangement of Final Fantasy IX’s “Festival of the Hunt” and the overtime music is “Run.”
PvP • Seasons and Rewards
“Series” periods will be added and will change with each major patch. Play any PvP mode to gain Series EXP and obtain rewards upon reaching new Series levels. Individual matches will continue to reward EXP/PvP EXP/tomes/wolf marks. Playing PvP matches and earning Series EXP will begin filling up a Series Malmstone, which will bestow rewards at various levels. Trophy Crystals can be exchanged for various items at the Wolves’ Den. Some malmstones will reward emotes, equipment, or Adventurer Plate customization options. The Level 25 reward is the pictured set.
When a new series begins, rewards will be updated and your Series Level will reset. Trophy Crystals will carry over to the new series.
Ranked match seasons, ranking tier and placement is determined by the amount of Crystalline Conflict ranked matches are won during the season, and determines the rewards earned at the season’s end. Rewards include achievements, titles, Plate options, and more.
Between the tiers of Bronze and Diamond there will be up to a maximum of five sublevels called “risers” players must progress through. Progression works like: Bronze 3 to Bronze 2 to Bronze 1 to Silver 3, etc. Rising stars can be earned by winning ranked matches. You’ll lose one after a loss. When you win a match with 3 rising stars, you will move to the next riser. At the highest level of the Bronze tier, this will move you up to Silver. If you lose a match with 0 Rising Stars, you will drop a riser, but not a tier.
Beyond the Diamond tier is the highest tier: Crystal. You obtain this by winning a match with 3 Rising Stars at rank Diamond 1. In the crystal tier, ranking is determined by the amount of Crystal Credit in your possession instead of Rising Stars. PvP Series 1 will run from Patch 6.1 to 6.2. Ranked matches will be split into two seasons: from 6.1 to 6.18, then 6.18 to 6.2.
The ‘GARO’ collaboration event returns with new achievements, titles, and gear for Shadowbringers and Endwalker jobs.
- The Primals return for a live concert. June 4 and June 5, 2022 at the Makuhari Messe Event Hall, tickets are available through a lottery which prioritizes Final Fantasy XIV players. Paid streaming is also planned for the concert.
- ‘THE PRIMALS – Beyond the Shadow’ mini-album releases April 25th for 2200JPY.
- The Primals merchandise available in Japan only. Pre-sale starts today.
- The Art of Resurrection -Among the Stars- Final Fantasy XIV artbook goes on sale September 13 for 3300JPY. Bonus item code is included for a ‘Wind-up Ragnarok’ minion.
- Final Fantasy XIV Online Edition Panasonic SoundSlayer Wearable Immersive Gaming Speaker will go on sale.
- The 6.1 patch note reading broadcast will air on 4/11 at 4:00am Pacific Time.
- Yoshida Sensei’s Extracurricular Lesson will air on TV Asahi at 00:50 JST on April 1.