In the 72nd Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, Final Fantasy XIV director/producer Naoki Yoshida and global community manager Toshio Murouchi revealed new information on Patch 6.2 as well as other content and system changes expected in the new patch.
We’ve summarized the major information below — check it out!
Patch 6.2 Trailer
What’s New in Patch 6.2
- A recap of 6.2 content: the main scenario will continue, and side quests will feature the continuation of Tataru’s Grand Endeavor and Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (Patch 6.25).
- The new weapon enhancement quests will be part of “Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures” and will begin in Patch 6.25.
- The Omicrons will be added as the latest Tribal quest in Patch 6.25; their quests are intended for Disciples of the Land (gathering) classes.
- A new instanced dungeon ‘The Fell Court of Troia’ will be added as part of the main scenario. A new un-named trial as well as it’s Extreme-difficulty counterpart will also be added.
- ‘Pandæmonium: Abyssos’ has been added as a new normal raid (8-players). The Savage difficulty version will be released one week after 6.2 launches (August 30). The team wants to see how the staggered release and tomestone acquisition affects things this time as a test run. The team is looking for feedback on this, and even through you’ll probably have a higher item level than in previous raids they think it’ll still be a challenge.
- The Unreal trial will be swapped to the ‘Containment Bay S1T7’ in Patch 6.2. This features Sephirot from the Warring Triad scenario from the Heavensward expansion.
- Continued improvements to the Main Scenario Quest will include Duty Support for dungeons Snowcloack, The Keeper of the Lake, Sohm Al, The Aery and The Vault.
- ‘The Steps of Faith’ is now a solo quest battle, and ‘Thornmarch’ versus Good King Moggle Mog XII has been revamped. Notice there are certain NPCs in your company during the revised Steps of Faith…
- Job adjustments will be implemented, including their PvP iterations.
- Island Sanctuary will be added in Patch 6.2, and Variant Dungeons/Criterion Dungeons will be added in Patch 6.25. These are new types of content in FFXIV.
- Adventurer Plates and Portraits will transition from a beta phase to an official release. Though other portrait data created during the Beta will be lost, Portraits linked to an adventurer plate or gear set will remain intact after Patch 6.2.
- Allagan Tomestones of Causality will be added, and new high-item level gear will be added.
- The ability to request repairs from other players both in and outside of duties will be added.
- A combo sequence display toggle will be added to the Actions list.
- Rare materials added to aetherial reductions performed by miners, botanists, and fishers.
- Glamour dresser capacity will expand from 400 to 800 slots.
- Adjustments to the order of ‘Return to Ivalice’ quests. “Makin’ Bacon (Bread)” and “Wok on By” will be unavailable.
- Preparations for the 7.0 graphics update continue. Advance implementation of optimized graphics processing will alleviate drops in framerate under heavy GPU load. A beta version of a Dynamic Resolution function will be added to the Windows, PS4, and PS5 clients.
- Said function adjusts the resolution of 3D graphics according to current GPU burden. You can enable it in the Settings to prioritize framerate over resolution.
- No major overhauls, but minor adjustments to several jobs.
- Intention behind job adjustments will be explained. You’ll be able to find these posted on the Job Guides section when patch notes go live.
- Actions that guarantee Critical and Direct hits did not receive benefits from buffs/debuffs that increase Critical and Direct hit rates. To address this actions that guarantee Critical and Direct hits will now inflict more damage as a result of such buffs and debuffs.
- Actions that guarantee direct hits did not receive benefits from a character’s direct hit rate attribute. To address this actions that guarantee direct hits will now inflict more damage depending on the direct hit rate. Other actions will continue receiving typical benefits.
- Adjustments to PvP actions.
- Hidden Gorge Returns.
- PvP Series Two begins. Available rewards will be updated and Series level/experience will be reset. Series One rewards may be claimed until the end of Series Two.
- Season Three of Crystalline Conflict will begin in 6.2. To encourage everyone to give it their all, the team has made it possible to be demoted from Crystal and Diamond ranks.
- If you are demoted by losing a match with 0 points in Crystal you will be demoted to Diamond rank with two stars. If you are demoted in Diamond 5, you return to Platinum 1 with two stars.
- In light of the demotion feature, all ranked characters will begin Season Three at Bronze 3 with Rising Stars set to 0. Final rankings will be determined by the highest tier/Crystal Credit score achieved during a season.
- If you reach Crystal but get demoted, your progress will still be saved and you’ll still qualify for the requisite rewards.
- Crystalline Conflict matching has had some overall adjustments. New enhanced matching will allow for dynamic adjustments to matching based on the current tier population and more, performed independently of patch releases and other maintenance.
- Withdrawing mid-duty or after matching will have stricter penalties.
- Players will be eligible to receive two portrait elements, achievements, and titles for all tiers up to and including their highest tier attained during a season (including Season 1 and 2.)
- The first floor is versus Proto Carbuncle.
- The number of copies of the Abyssos Mythos II required for gear equipped to the head, hands, and feet will decrease from 6 to 4. The exchange rate adjustments do not apply to previously implemented raids, including Asphodelos.
Pandæmonium: Abyssos (Gear)
Omicrons Tribe Quests
New gathering-based tribal quests featuring the Omicrons will be added in Patch 6.25. Their area is located in the Ultima Thule.
- The mount speed is higher here, and the recast time on Sprint and Return is reduced.
- Island Sanctuary UI elements include a materials pouch and a gathering log. Notice Sprint and Return are set as special actions.
- Gathering doesn’t require leveling gatherers. Here ‘Island Exp’ is gained. You’ll have an objectives list here as well.
- Crafting menu where crafting items is instantaneous. Again, no crafters need to be leveled to participate.
- Here you can build a base of operations. The requisite components can be crafted in this menu.
- Some buildings will be constructed instantly, while others (later on) may have a lengthy timer in which their construction phase is transpiring.
- Your Sanctuary will rank up, and you can collect special Island currency that can be exchanged for rewards.
- Plant and grow crops.
- Capture wildlife in your net and bring them to your pasture where you can tend to them and feed them snacks.
- You’ll be able to harvest items from animals you’re raising here.
- You can review the status of your farm animals, and even give them names.
- The little guys will built more plots with which to build on, but at some point you’ll need to upgrade their tools.
- You can set up to 40 of your minions to roam around the island.
- Releasing in Patch 6.25.
- Variant Dungeons are variable-difficulty dungeons, previously named “Criterion Dungeons.” They are for Level 90 casual play for 1-4 players (or a 4-player party when matched.)
- There are no role restrictions, and job changes are permitted. Experience the depths with a certain someone, and there are branching paths. The first Variant Dungeon is ‘The Sil’dihn Subterrane.’
- Within Variant Dungeons, you can use ‘Variant Actions,’ duty actions designed to compensate for role imbalances. Access two at a time with the ability to change mid-duty. Several examples are pictured.
- Based on your actions, the progression will change. In the Special Dungeon Finder menu, you can review the NPC that will tag along with you and set the Variant Actions you can use. You can collect story parts similar to Bozja here.
- Nanamo Ul Namo joins you here. It appears there is several paths you can proceed through.
- NPC dialogue appears in a chat box at the top of the screen. As it’s a dungeon, mobs are encountered and fought here.
- Naturally, treasure boxes will appear here as well as bosses. While each route my have the same enemy model, the mechanics will be different.
- Criterion Dungeons are Level 90 high difficulty versions of Variant Dungeons intended for four player parties. Composition must include one tank, one healer, and two DPS. They’ve visually similar to Variant dungeons, but the structure and enemies are different.
- Criterion Dungeons have a normal and Savage difficulty. Parties fewer that four are supplemented with matching. Normal methods of resurrecting are prohibited, but you can use Variant Raise II a number of times. Enemies will get stronger if not defeated by a certain time limit.
- All enemies will revive if your party is KO’d.
- Starting the normal version of ‘Another Sil’dihn Subterrane.’ The intro shows different areas than the Variant Dungeon and starts in a different area.
- Mobs will patrol the area, and you’ll need to defeat them all to spawn a boss. Due to this being higher difficulty content, you’ll have to think about avoiding unintended adds in your pull.
- The Savage difficulty version of this is aimed towards Savage raiders who want to test themselves. There are no orange ground indicators for some of the mechanics in this mode.
New Housing Items
- The Eorzean Symphony returns in December. Location will be the Tokyo Garden Theater with conductor Hirofumi Kurita and the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Ticket purchase application will be open exclusively to FFXIV players until Sunday August 21. Details will be accounted on the Lodestone. An official light up Elpis flower will be available as merchandise.
- Final Fantasy XIV will be at PAX Australia 2022 from October 7 to October 9. More details will be posted later.
- From August 15th to 19th, tune into the FFXIV Twitch channel to see a variety of farmyard favorite animals.
- The patch note reading for 6.2 will be on August 22 at 11:00pm Pacific.
- The 8th 14-Hour broadcast will return on October 8th.
- An official Endwalker Paladin jacket is being developed with Insert Coin. Pre-orders open today.
- The Unending Journey Volume 1 (containing ARR/HW/SB) is now available in Japan. It’s “the records of the Warrior of Light’s past adventures in digital book form.”
- The FFXIV Complete Edition is on sale for 50% off in Japan.
- The Starter Guide video series shown during the break is on YouTube.