In the 75th Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, Final Fantasy XIV director/producer Naoki Yoshida and global community manager Toshio Murouchi revealed the second bit of information covering the release of Patch 6.3, Gods Revel, Lands Tremble, on January 10, 2023.
We’ve summarized the major information below — check it out!
Patch 6.3 Trailer
What’s to Come in Patch 6.3
Patch 6.3 will continue the main scenario quest, and include the continuation of Tataru’s Grand Endeavor, Tales of Newfound Adventure, and Somehow Further Hilidbrand Adventures (Patch 6.35).
Further Manderville Weapons (Patch 6.35), and Trial Quests: The Loporrits (Patch 6.35) will also be included and focus on crafters.
- New Dungeon – Lapis Manalis
- New Trials
- New Unreal Trial – Containment Bay P1T6 (Unreal)
- New Alliance Raid – Euphrosyne
- Ultimate Duty #5 (Patch 6.31) – The Omega Protocol (Ultimate). Releases two weeks after Patch 6.3 and players must first complete Abyssos: The Eighth Circle (Savage).
- Deep Dungeon #3 (Patch 6.35) – Eureka Orthos. Players must first complete the main scenario quest “Endwalker” and progress to floor 50 of the Palace of the Dead.
- Duty Support for Heavensward – The Great Gubal Library, Sohr Khai, The Aetherochemical Research Facility, Xelphatol, The Antitower, and Baelsar’s Wall.
- Job Adjustments
- PvP Updates – PvP Series Three begins. Season Five of Crystalline Conflict and a new arena for Crystalline Conflict “The Clockwork Castletown”.
- Crafting and Gathering updates will include Tool Enhancement Quests: Splendorous Tools (Patch 6.35).
- New Custom Deliveries: Anden.
- Collectability values will be displayed for reference when gathering collectable items. Primary fishing locations, preferred bait, and add’l conditions will be added to the Fish Guide. New spearfishing location will be added to upper La Noscea.
- Island Sanctuary will be updated with new sanctuary ranks and visions. New item rewards will be added. New materials, crops, animals, and isleworks handicrafts will be added. New structures and improved interfaces will be added.
- Option to collect all available yields/leavings at once. Animals under care will also be eligible for release upon a new animal’s capture. The ability to save orchestrion settings. Island visitors will now hear the islekeep’s orchestrion. Notifications display for visitors.
- Treasure Hunt will update with ‘The Shifting Gymnasion Agonon’ available through a treasure map obtainable and usable in Elpis. A new course will be added for the Gold Saucer’s Leap of Faith minigame: Sylphstep.
- Additional wards for all residential areas will be added. 6 regular wards and 6 subdivisions (1800 new plots per world) will be available to purchase via lottery. Due to housing availability in existing worlds, plots in newly added wards are unavailable for purchase. Wards available to free companies versus private buyers will be detailed on the Lodestone.
- UI improvements include a damage type indicator in the battle log, and the ability to displaying remaining time for buffs/debuffs in the party list.
- Alternate UI Theme #3: Clear Blue will be added. Portraits will now display when using the Duty Finder (in alliance raids). Expansion of available activities while using fashion accessories will be added. The ability to cast glamours and dye retainer equipment without removing it, the ability to cast glamours on your own equipment directly from your retainer’s inventory and the ability to filter newly added items at Sundry Spendors vendors.
- You’ll have the ability to automatically open umbrella fashion accessory when rain is detected.
- The ability to collectively entrust duplicate stackable items to your retainer will be added. Export portraits editor to adventurer plate and vice versa.
- New gear:
A look at the “Clear Blue” UI option. Inspired by FFVII Remake, it’s also semi-transparent.
- Adjustments to usability for certain actions.
- Significant adjustments extending to action rotations are coming to Paladin.
- Main Adjustments to Paladin – The objective of these adjustments is to improve the ability to deal burst damage by adjusting action efficiency and rotations and to improve versatility by decreasing reliance on damage over time. Improving the usability of certain defensive actions is also the goal for Paladin.
- Rotations have been shortened to accommodate high-powered actions. Damage over time effect for Goring Blade and Blade of Valor was removed and their potency adjusted. Divine Might is now applied after weapon skill combos, allowing an enhanced Holy Sprit to be executed without cast.
- Holy Sheltron’s effect has been changed to reduce damage taken, thereby enhancing defensive capability against damage over time. The previously removed Bulwark ability has been revamped and reintroduced, offering increased defensive capability. Utility of other actions and combos will be adjusted.
A look at the Alliance Raid gear:
The Omega Protocol (Ultimate)
Dragonsong’s Reprise is the pinnacle of difficulty for Ultimate Raids, so The Omega Protocol will not be a higher difficulty than that.
The Shifting Gymnasion Agonon
A new treasure map dungeon. Here’s a new glamour you can get from it.
- Onto Eureka Orthos: it’s a dungeon whose architecture changes each time players enter to explore. Players must first complete MSQ “Endwalker” and progress to floor 50 of the Palace of the Dead deep dungeon.
- You must be level 81 or higher, and entry is available for groups 1~4, no role restrictions. Difficulty unaffected by party size.
- Koh Rabntah in Mor Dhona will unlock this quest. With the addition of Eureka Orthos, the previous quests with Koh Rabntah—”But I Hardly Noah” and “The Gift of the Archmagus”—will be removed.
- They say there is no need for the Crystal Tower weeklies anymore so the NPC has been given a new duty.
- New hairstyle you can find in Eureka Orthos:
New housing furnishings include an onsen-style house.
New housing items, a new window, water partition, outdoor furnishings.
More new minions including Mama from NieR:Re[in]carnation.
- A New Year’s Mahjong broadcast will air on January 9, 2023 at 12:00 JST.
- 2023 is the 10 year anniversary of A Realm Reborn. Yoshida says there are a lot of things planned.
- A limited-time pop up shop opens in LUCUA 1100 Osaka. Get some moisturizing cream and stay moist with these themed tins.
- Crystalline Conflict Community Cup Japan.
- ‘Eorzean Symphony: Final Fantasy XIV Orchestral Album Vol 3’ releases on April 26, 2023 in Japan and May 2023 in NA/EU. Includes ‘To the Edge (Orchestral)’ and ‘Flow (Orchestral) orchestrion rolls.
- Orchestra Concert 2023 -Eorzean Symphony- North America and Europe announced. They’ll be held the day after the North American and European fan festivals in Las Vegas and London.
- Fan Festival in Japan will be held January 7-8, 2024 in Tokyo Dome.
- Housing demolition will recommence after being paused.
- Square Enix is hiring a MMO marketing manager in North America for its El Segundo, CA location.
- Heavensturn will return on December 31.
- The patch note reading broadcast will air January 9, 2023.
- Pre-orders for Final Fantasy XVI are open. Releasing June 22, 2023.
Crystalline Conflict — The Clockwork Castletown
The Omega Protocol (Savage)
Treasure Hunt — The Shifting Gymnasion Agonon
Myths of the Realm — Euphrosyne
Deep Dungeon — Eureka Orthos
Leap of Faith — Sylphstep