In the 77th Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, Final Fantasy XIV director/producer Naoki Yoshida and global community manager Toshio Murouchi shared the second round of information covering the upcoming Patch 6.4 content. First and foremost, we now know this patch will release on May 23 and bring with it the next installment of the high-end raid tier, new main scenario quests, and additional updates.
We’ve summarized the major information below — check it out!
Patch 6.4 Trailer
Patch 6.4 “The Dark Throne” releases on Tuesday, May 23. In Patch 6.4, the main scenario quest will continue, as well as a new chapter of Tataru’s Grand Endeavor, which will require that you complete the 6.1 chapter and the Sorrows of Werlyt trial series.
What’s to Come in Patch 6.4
- ‘Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures’ will continue in Patch 6.45.
- Weapon and tool enhancement requests return in Patch 6.45 where you’ll upgrade Manderville Weapons and Splendorous Tools.
- This patch’s Unreal Trial will be against Zurvan in ‘Containment Bay Z1T9’. This trial from the Warring Triad series replaces the current trial with Sophia.A new dungeon ‘The Aetherfront’ will be added for the main scenario quest, and a new trial versus Golbez in ‘The Voidcast Dais’ will be added. This trial will also have an Extreme level difficulty mode.
- The third and final chapter of the ‘Pandæmonium’ raid series concludes the story with the ‘Anabaseios’ tier. The Savage level difficulty mode will be released on May 30th, one week after the patch launch.
- The second Variant and Criterion dungeon ‘Mount Rokkon’ will release in Patch 6.45. There are three difficulty modes: Normal, Criterion, and Criterion (Savage). You don’t need to complete the Sil’dihn Subterrane to unlock this new dungeon.
- In 6.4, Duty Support will be added to these Stormblood Dungeons: The Sirensong Sea, Bardam’s Mettle, Doma Castle, Castrum Abania, and Ala Mhigo.
- Adjustments to jobs in both PvE and PvP mode will be made, as well as adjustments to Frontline.
- Patch 6.45 will also have the Blue Mage update. This will increase the level cap from 70 to 80, add new spells, gear, enemies for the Masked Carnivale, and new duties in the blue mage log.
- Ocean Fishing and Island Sanctuary will be getting updates. Ocean fishing will have a new route towards Kugane to undertake.
- Allagan tomestones of Comedy will be the new tier of currency for endgame content.
- Faerie glamours are now available to scholars. (Select from Eos, Selene, or Carbuncle.)
- Maximum number of gear sets will be increased to 100 for all characters, immediately, regardless of quest progression.
- Job icons will now be displayed in the chat log and on player nameplates. Chat log icons will only display within parties and alliances.
- The transaction fee for items sold on the market board can now be incorporated into their total prices, displayed under “Total.”
- Glasses and wing fashion accessories will now display when engaged in battle in the overworld.
- Items stored in a variety of locations can now be selected when casting glamours in an inn room.
Allagan Tomestone of Comedy gear:
The team primarily made balance adjustments to damage output within each role. As a result, no large-scale changes are being implemented in Patch 6.4.
- Several party buffs have had their radius extended to 30 yalms, mainly buffs to abilities that contribute to increased damage dealt or reduced damage taken.
- Improvements have been made to the usability of certain job actions. Paladin’s ‘Atonement’ will no longer interrupt a combo when used.
- Dragoon’s ‘Jump’ and ‘High Jump’ will no longer affect the character’s position as recognized by the server. In accordance with this change, both actions can now be performed while bound.
- PvP Series 4 will begin in Patch 6.4, as well as Season 7 of Crystalline Conflict. Beginning in Season 7, players who place within the top 100 rankings or Diamond tier and above will receive additional rewards, including an item that will them to apply an effect to hellhound weapons.
- Frontline will have a new UI element displaying match time and score. Adjustments to the limit gauge fill rate/damage dealt/damage taken on a per-job basis (Changes to existing Frontline modifiers).
- ‘Daily Challenge: Frontline’ will now also award Series EXP. Borderland Ruins (Secure) will be temporarily unavailable.
- ‘The Fields of Glory (Shatter)’ rules have been adjusted. Note that the map has been heavily adjusted.
- In Shatter, data (score) acquisition has been adjusted as follows: Allagan tomeliths have been removed, and thus can no longer be occupied for data. Large and small icebound tomeliths will now respawn. Data acquired from defeating other players is unchanged.
Trial, Raid and Gear
Here’s a look at ‘The Voidcast Dais’ trial versus Golbez in Patch 6.4.
- Tank weapon designs inspired from the Weapon Design Contest.
- Reaper, Bard, Machinist, and Dancer weapons from the weapon design contest.
- Black Mage, Summoner, Red Mage, and White Mage weapons from the weapon design contest.
- Scholar, Astrologian, and Sage weapons from the weapon design contest.
- The new Blue Mage weapon is an umbrella that doesn’t unfold, but you smack enemies with it.
- New gear sets designed by the development team.
- Here’s a look at the new ‘Pandaemonium: Anabaseios’ raid.
- As previously mentioned, the Savage difficulty mode will release one week after Patch 6.4 launches. The unlock quest will become available without the need for maintenance.
- Savage raid rewards have been changed where adjustments have been made to treasure coffers awarded in Anabaseios (Savage). Coffers will not reward duplicate armor pieces for the same slot. Body gear can be earned from Anabaseios: The Eleventh Circle.
- A single treasure coffer will appear at the end of each Anabaseios (Savage) encounter (reward quantity unchanged from previous tiers). Rewards will be reduced if 1 to 4 players have already completed the duty, and there will be no rewards if 5 or more players have completed it.
- Anabaseios Mythos Exchange rates have been relaxed a bit. Yoshida says there’s a lot of games coming out soon (not just FFXVI) so they don’t want you to feel chained to FFXIV. However they’re going to keep this rate going forward.
A look at some of the Pandaemonium Anabaseios raid gear:
- Island sanctuary will get new ranks, visions, gathering areas in the wilds, construction plots in the hideaway, item rewards, materials, craftable items, crops, animals, isleworks handicrafts, and structures.
- Outdoor furnishings can be placed near structures, with a maximum of 90 slots can be unlocked via Island Sanctuary progress. Special furnishings like striking dummies and gardens will not be supported.
- Furnishings in your inventory may be placed on your isle as glamours. (Furnishings placed as glamours will be bound to you, but not consumed. Thus, multiple glamours can be placed on a single item.)
- Island prisms may be used to register furnishings, allowing you to place them even when not held in your inventory (note that registering them will bind them to you). The number of island prisms yielded from crafting will be increased in the future. You can also dye furnishings.
Variant & Criterion Dungeons
- The new dungeon is called Mount Rokkon. This is Level 90 casual play for 1-4 players or a 4-player party when matched. There are no role restrictions, job changes are permitted. Enemy strength is determined by party size and your route depends on your actions.
- You’ll explore the mysteries of Mount Rokkon alongside a certain someone… Experience a different story depending on your chosen path, but all stories can be enjoyed via multiple playthroughs.
- Based on your role, you’ll have various Variant Actions that you can use to compensate for roles you may be missing or playing without. You can use two at a time and they have recast timers.
- Criterion dungeons are high-difficulty challenges for 4-player parties, which must include a tank, healer, and two DPS. They’re visually similar to the Variant version, but the structure/enemy strength are entirely different and the route is predetermined. A NPC won’t be here.
- ‘Another Mount Rokkon’ will restrict normal methods of resurrection, but each player can use a limited amount of Variant Raise II. Other Variant Actions aren’t available here. Defeated enemies do not revive after a party wipe.
- In ‘Another Mount Rokkon (Savage’ all methods of resurrection and Variant Actions are prohibited. All defeated enemies revive after a party wipe and enemies will become stronger if not defeated within a certain time limit.
Rewards from Mount Rokkon:
Gear, Mounts, Minions, and Housing Items
New furnishings from the 2019 design contest:
New crafted gear:
New mounts and minions:
- The North American Fan Festival livestream can be streamed on YouTube and Twitch. More details later.
- Attendees of Fan Fest in all regions will get to try a new trial early. ‘Special Battle — The Gilded Araya’ will be implemented officially at a later date.
- The 6.4 patch note reading livestream will air on Monday, May 22nd at 11:00pm Pacific. The audio will be Japanese only.
- Version 2.0 update of the Immerse Gamepack FFXIV Edition “will use AI algorithm to create smoother transitions for audio when changing directions. Improvements to the sound library bring further depth and clarity to environmental audio.”
- Pre-orders for Final Fantasy XVI are available. Releasing on June 22, 2023.
- Before FFXVI launches, the team is holding an event in Los Angeles. There will be a live stream similar in tone to the FFXIV live letter. There will be a demo at some point, but they can’t share the date yet.
- The FFXVI producer expects the FFXIV producer to share collaboration details after people have played FFXVI.
- It’s also the tenth anniversary of A Realm Reborn, and there have been other collaborations announced like the one that went live today with the JRA.
- The next Letter from the Producer Live will be at Fan Fest in Las Vegas in July.