In the 79th Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, Final Fantasy XIV director/producer Naoki Yoshida and global community manager Toshio Murouchi shared another round of information covering the upcoming Patch 6.5 Part 1 content during this year’s Tokyo Game Show festivities. First and foremost, we now know this patch will release on October 3 and bring with it the next installment of the alliance raid tier, new main scenario quests, and additional updates. The second part of Patch 6.5 will also release from Mid-January 2024.
We’ve summarized the major information below — check it out!
Patch 6.5 Trailer
What’s to come in Patch 6.5
- As is customary with the .5 patch, it will be split into two parts, including the main scenario quest. This will be the final main scenario update before next summer’s Dawntrail expansion.
- To recap 6.5 content, the main scenario will continue in Part 1 and Part 2. The sidequest ‘Tataru’s Grand Endeavor’ will continue in Patch 6.55.
- Endwalker Tribal Alliance Quests, Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures, and Further Manderville Weapons will be added in Patch 6.55.
- Splendorous Tools quests will be added in Patch 6.51.
- A new dungeon ‘The Lunar Subterrane’ will be added as well as a new trial ‘The Abyssal Fracture’ versus Zeromus. The trial will also have an Extreme difficulty version.
- The alliance raid series ‘Myths of the Realm’ will conclude with Thaleia. A new unreal trial versus Thordan will be swapped in.
- The third Variant/Criterion dungeon ‘Aloalo Island’ will be added. In response to feedback, new rewards are in the works for savage mode, including rewards intended to be useful in increasing item level.
- Duty Support will be expanded to include support for Stormblood dungeons: The Drowned City of Skalla, The Burn, and The Ghimlyt Dark. Once implemented it will be possible to use Duty Support for main scenario dungeons from A Realm Reborn to the current era.
- Job adjustments will be applied to PvE and PvP jobs. PvP Series Five will begin as well as a new Crystalline Conflict update.
- Island Sanctuary will be updated with new ranks, visions, gathering areas, crops, isleworks handicrafts, animals, structures, and more. The Felicitous Favors feature will be added.
- The Fall Guys collaboration will arrive in the Manderville Gold Saucer during the the Patch 6.5x series.
- Margrat will be added as a custom deliveries client.
- New consecutive aetherial reduction function for collectables.
- Green dot indicators on newly logged fish in the Fish Guide.
- Ability to store optional items in the armoire.
- Option to sort teleport destinations by expansion, which can be enabled from the teleport settings menu.
- A new reward for obtaining all trial mounts in the 6.x series.
- Adjustments made in 6.5 are to balance damage output between jobs within each role. This will increase potency of certain job actions.
Crystalline Conflict Update
- Crystalline Conflict has had UI adjustments including new settings to permanently display affiliated team to the left of the minimap and/or HUD. A new line on the field indicates the “Comeback Point” or how far the losing team must progress to turn the tide.
- A new setting has been added displaying a countdown timer ten seconds prior to the commencement of overtime.
- The progress gauge has also been adjusted to indicate the team in the lead (flashing background) and will also display the comeback points and include more visible checkpoint clear progress and how long the losing team can remain away from the crystal before the end of the match.
- Effects for certain actions, pets, etc., adjusted to indicate allies versus enemies. This will be implemented in Patch 6.51.
- A new Crystalline Conflict arena has been added: The Red Sands. This will be implemented in Patch 6.51.
- The new map has unique gimmicks including a patch of grass where you can restore HP. Comeback point UI elements are also present, as well a more pronounced end of match element.
- A heatwave mechanic appears as a debuff during matches in the Red Sands, and there are also AOE hazards including a massive pool of quicksand that can appear in the tactical crystal’s path.
- From the quicksand, a sabotender appears, and summarily does what it does best…
New PVP rewards the second set is obtained with trophy crystals –
Gear obtained from Thaleia –
New housing items and glamour sets –
New mounts and minions –
- The team is considering expanding their server infrastructure using cloud data centers. A NA cloud data center will be temporarily implemented for the purposes of a public stress test during the 6.5x series. Further details will be posted to the Lodestone later.
- A collaboration between Final Fantasy XIV and KFC kicks off on October 4th. Purchase combo meals at participating retailers throughout Japan to receive stickers and get an in-game ‘Eat Chicken’ emote. This promotion is Japan-exclusive, and be aware you have to order the Final Fantasy XIV set.
- A new Final Fantasy XIV-themed tabletop role-playing game will have a starter set release in May 2024.
- A 10th anniversary fireworks and music show will be held in Chiba Makuhari Seaside Park. Pre-orders are currently being offered with an early purchases applying for a discount.
- The 6.5 patch note reading will take place on October 2nd. Yoshida and Murouchi will scour through patch notes and audio will be Japanese only.
- The next Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival will be held in London, UK, on October 21st — 23rd. Tokyo’s turn is on January 7th — 8th, 2024.The free trial is expanding in two weeks (6.5) to include the Stormblood expansion and the ability to level to 70.