Square Enix will be attending PAX West 2019 at the Washington State Convention Center from August 30th to September 2nd. Attendees visiting Booth #2335 will get to see “Midgar come to life” with a recreation of some familiar sights from Final Fantasy VII’s Sector 1, including the train station and a giant looming Mako Reactor that will house gameplay demos of Final Fantasy VII Remake. A bundle of Square Enix titles will also be available to play at Booth #2141, such as Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered, Trials of Mana and more.
Activities that will be available at Square Enix’s booth will include the following:
- Cloud’s Hardy Daytona motorcycle from Final Fantasy VII: Remake will be present for photo opportunities.
- Challenge and beat Titania Extreme from Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. Those who successfully beat the challenge will earn an “I Beat Titania” t-shirt.
- Join three other newcomers to Final Fantasy XIV Online and challenge the Lord of Inferno himself: Ifrit. This special challenge is designed for new players and will reward a free copy of Final Fantasy XIV Starter Edition to take home.
- Play Square Enix’s popular mobile game Final Fantasy Brave Exvius on a giant touch screen.
- Take part in daily giveaways and win the following prizes (while supplies last):
- A two-sided Final Fantasy VII Remake poster featuring Cloud and Sephiroth (Booth #2335).
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia and Final Fantasy Brave Exvius enamel pins.
- Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] character buttons and zodiac Chirithy postcards.
- Two-sided poster featuring key art from Trials of Mana and Collection of Mana.
Square Enix merchandise will be on display and for sale at Booth #2141, and fans will be able to purchase a variety of official products and accessories, including Square Enix Store exclusives such as the Cloud Strife Another Form Variant Limited Version, NieR: Automata 2B ver 2.0 – 2P Color Variant, new selections for Dissidia Final Fantasy Acrylic Keychains and more. Additionally, Final Fantasy Trading Card Game, Chocobo Party Up! The Board Game, Final Fantasy XIV Gold Saucer Cactpot Party and Tomb Raider Legends: The Board Game will all be available for attendees to try out.
Panels and events
- Life is Strange: Bringing Relatable Characters & Stories to Life
- When: Friday August 30th from 12:00 to 1:00pm
- Where: Raven Theatre, 7th floor of the Hyatt Regency
- “Join Michel Koch, Co-Creative Director of Life is Strange 2, and the cast of the game for an exclusive in-depth discussion where you will discover the stories behind the performances, and behind-the-scenes secrets of the research involved in creating the relatable characters, grounded settings and extraordinary events that define Life is Strange.”
- Life is Strange 2 Fan Meet & Greet with What’s Good Games
- When: Friday, August 30th from 7:00 to 10:00pm
- Where: Art Marble 21, 731 Westlake Avenue N – 2nd Floor
- “Celebrate the launch of the latest episode of Life is Strange 2 with the co-founders of What’s Good Games, along with developers from DONTNOD Entertainment. Share your favorite moments from the series, enjoy refreshments and once you arrive, get a free ticket to have the chance to win limited Life is Strange 2 posters at the event. Winners will have the opportunity to take a photo and meet the Co-Creative Director Michel Koch. Free Admission. For additional information about the event visit the Official Facebook Page for What’s Good Games.”
- Creating Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers – Narrative and Visual Insights
- When: Sunday, September 1st at 2:30pm PT
- Where: Main Theatre, 911 Pine St
- “The newly released third expansion for Final Fantasy XIV, Shadowbringers, introduced players to a whole new world—quite literally—as they ventured through the most compelling chapter in the MMO’s story yet. Join art team lead Takeo Suzuki and main scenario writer Natsuko Ishikawa as they look back at how the unforgettable setting and narrative of Shadowbringers came to be. Additionally, two signing sessions with the panelists will be held on Sunday, September 1 at 11:00am PT and 4:30pm PT at the Seattle Sheraton. Fans can have a chance to receive tickets to these sessions either by participating in the Titania battle challenge at the Square Enix booth on Friday and Saturday, or by attending the Sunday panel. No Warrior of Darkness will want to miss this glimpse behind the scenes, but those who have not yet taken up the mantle of shadow be warned: spoilers abound!”
Featured game lineup
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia
- Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
- Final Fantasy XIV Online
- Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross]
- Life is Strange 2
- Trials of Mana