Hajime Tabata appeared on stage at Taipei Game Show 2016 to share more information about Final Fantasy XV. During the event, Tabata discussed the importance of Final Fantasy on PlayStation platforms along with presenting two clips of the game that were later presented in detail during the recent Active Time Report. Click here to read more on the latest Active Time Report.
What stood out of the presentation in particular, however, was two new screenshots of Final Fantasy XV that didn’t make an appearance in the Active Time Report. The first screenshot depicts young Noctis standing alone in a forest while the other screenshot showed off the Regalia being accelerated at high speed traveling through an uneven landscape with a topology comparable to that of the Duscae region.
Below are the summarized points that took place during the presentation:
- They’re talking about how Final Fantasy has been important to PlayStation, with FF7 (PS1), FFXIII (PS3) and now XV for PS4.
- When the Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae demo was out, they still had not planned a Chinese version like with FF13.
- Tabata changed his mind after seeing fans at Taipei Game Show last year.
- Tabata reassured fans yet again that the game will be receiving a simultaneous release worldwide.
- Tabata says Final Fantasy XV is more fun than the demo!
- Two new gameplay videos were shown that you can view here.
- You’ll need to buy gas for Noctis’ car otherwise you might end up pushing it like you saw in the video.
- The team’s made it easier to switch weapons, as we learned before.
- The aerial battle system has also been improved.
- No more progress reports since they want to show the final product in the future.
- Tabata says the PS4 helps express things like dynamic magic and realism.
- You won’t be able to steal magitek armor but you can steal weapons.
- Players can have fun destroying the base like you saw in the video.
- Tabata can’t tell us who the dragoon lady is, it’s a secret.
- A screenshot of young Noctis was shown ahead of the March event as they didn’t want to wait until then to present it.
- Young Noctis is the lead character in the free tech demo.
Final Fantasy XV releases worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2016.