During the game series’ 10th anniversary livestream event, Square Enix has announced a remastered version of NieR Replicant is in active development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam.
Titled ‘NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…‘, the remaster is developed by Toylogic with PlatinumGames game designer Takahisa Taura involved (via Game’s Talk). Visit the game’s official Japanese website here.
UPDATE #1: Famitsu has shared a few key points regarding the remastered title. You can view them all below:
- Producer Yosuke Saito describes the title as a ‘version upgrade’.
- Composer Keiichi Okabe has re-recorded all tracks from NieR: Replicant as well as added new tracks for the remastered version.
- NieR: Replicant remastered will be fully voiced.
- New content will be added to the game.
- Asked if the remastered title will include a different ending, Saito responded with the following: “I don’t even know.”
UPDATE #2: Square Enix has announced NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… for western regions. A release window has not been shared.
View the announcement trailer below:
The original released back in 2010 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, taking place on a ravaged Earth after the events of the fifth ending in the first Drakengard game.
In Japan, two versions of NieR were made available depending on the platform of choice — NieR: Replicant for PlayStation 3 and NieR: Gestalt for Xbox 360. Replicant features a young, slender Nier on a mission to save his sister while Gestalt features an older version of Nier attempting to save his daughter.