Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster will release in February 2022 according to an update from Square Enix posted on the official Final Fantasy twitter account today. The company states that “in order to bring you the best experience possible, we’re giving ourselves the necessary time to apply final polish while finishing development on the game.”
The final title in the Pixel Remaster series is based on the 1994 SNES game, which features an ensemble cast of characters that band together to save the world from the clutches of the Gestahlian Empire and it’s thirst to conquer the mystical Espers. The game begins Terra Branford, the child of a human and an Esper, finds herself drawn into the conflict after being captured by the megalomanical magitek knight Kefka Palazzo.
Featuring a turn-based battles using the Active Time Battle system, characters feature their own unique skills that can be complemented by magic spells learned by equipping the magicite crystals belonging to various Espers. The game’s scenario will have you shift perspectives often, including unique and memorable sequences such as a dramatic opera performance and escaping by rail through the enemy capitol.
Square Enix is also adding new items for those that pre-purchase the individual game or Pixel Remaster bundle that includes all six titles
- Locke’s Theme (Timelapse Remix) [Newly added to pre-purchase items.]
- The Decisive Battle (Timelapse Remix)
- Terra’s Theme (Timelapse Remix)
- Searching for Friends (Timelapse Remix)
- Aria di Mezzo Carattere (Instrumental) [Newly added to pre-purchase items.]
- FF6: 2 types of wallpapers
- FF1-6: 2 types of pixel remastered series wallpapers [Newly added to pre-purchase items.]
Recently, we reviewed Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster, another title from the SNES era of the franchise.
Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster is planned for release on Steam, iOS, and Android.